What does this ultrasound report of both ovaries indicate?
My hormones level on 2nd day of period are:
FSH, Serum (CLIA) - 3.95 miu/ml
LH - 1.75 miu/ml
DHEA, Serum (EIA) - 26.25 ng/ml
E2, Serum (CLIA) - 39.26 pg/ml
I have been advised ginette35 for a period of 6 months starting 5th day of period.
Please advice me. I am very much worried. I am also taking Azithromycin and Zinase D. My Ultrasound report says: both ovaries are bulky and show multiple peripherally arranged follicles with thickened stroma. Right ovary measures 36x18x28 mm and Left ovary 28x30x26 mm. Mild free fluid in POD
Hi Ms. XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query.
Your clinical features and the investigation reports suggest a diagnosis of PCOD. Please do not worry, as now-a-days this hormonal disorder has become the commonest cause in the reproductive age group and responds very well to treatment.
As you are being treated on the right line, please continue with the same treatment. In addition, please modify your diet and avoid all fatty foods and add fresh fruits and vegetables. Please maintain a healthy weight and do regular exercise as this helps to regularize the hormonal disorder in many.
In addition to the investigations already done, you should also test for insulin resistance, which is a common feature and if this so, Metformin may be added to the treatment with good benefits. Thyroid disorders and Prolactin defects are other associated features which should be looked for.
Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- In the ultrasound report what does no sol in the ovaries mean
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- What is efw in pregnancy ultrasound report?
- What are the findings from the ultrasound report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- What does the ultrasound report mean
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What does my ultrasound indicate
- What does the ultrasound report suggest
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate