What does this ultrasound report of abdomen indicate?
then some white discharged then
we consult Gyneocologist she observed cervix by hand
prefer for Ultrasound scan of abdomen
some findings noticed below :
: Cerix - Hypertrophied
Overies RO: 3X1.6cm - Normal No mass lesions
LO: 4.6X3.6cm - Cystic lesion noted with thin internal
Septa in LO measuring 4X3.8cm,
no septa no solid Nodule
NO ADNEXIAL MASS LESIONS.
NO FREE FLUID IN ABDOMEN / PELVIS
Both illiac fossa - Normal
Aorta/IVC Normal, No Lymphadenopathy
IMPRESSION: 4X=x3.8cm, Left ovarian cystic lesion with thin internal septa
- Hypertrophied cervix
"Suggested clinical correlation"
Haemoglobin : 8.6gms%
Total WBC count: 8,700 cells/cumm
Thanks in advance
Need complete evaluation. Do necessary tests for treatment.
Thanks for writing to us.
I have reviewed all attached reports. Followings are my comments:
1) Hemoglobin level 8.6 gm% indicates MILD degree ANEMIA and its level should be at least 12 gm%.
IRON supplement should be continued for at least 3-4 months. She must take a balanced diet, rich in protein and iron. Foods are to be included egg, meat, liver, peas, green vegetables, beans, jaggery, figs, banana, whole wheat etc.
IRON injection can be given to increase hemoglobin percentage and body iron store. IRON SUCROSE or DEXTRAN injection is mostly preferred in that case.
2) Hypertrophied cervix means larger thickened cervix which is seen in cases of chronic cervicitis or erosion, HPV infections, cervical dysplasia or cancer etc.
Pap smear and biopsy should be done to rule out HPV infection. Colposcopy may be required according to test results. Do one STD profile also.
3) Just 2 days short or scanty periods or extremely light menstrual blood flow is known as hypomenorrhea.
Underlying cause could be ovarian cyst (medium size), anemia, pelvic or vaginal infection, thyroid disorder, high prolactin level, mental stress, over weight or sudden loss etc.
I would order to undergo complete hormone profile including LH/ FSH, estrogen, progesterone, thyroid profile, serum prolactin, insulin etc.
Hormonal therapy may be required according to test result to improve period cycle. Other specific treatment should be given after consultation with your treating doctor.
Hope, I have answered your query. Wish her good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- What is efw in pregnancy ultrasound report?
- What are the findings from the ultrasound report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- What does the ultrasound report mean
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- Whole abdomen ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What does my ultrasound indicate
- What does the ultrasound report suggest
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate
- Suggest treatment for termination of unwanted pregnancy
- What causes delay in periods?
- Is Amoxicillin safe to take during pregnancy?
- What causes heavy bleeding in post-menopausal period?
- Suggest safest ways to abort pregnancy
- Suggest ways to abort pregnancy
- Suggest ways to abort pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
- What causes high triglycerides?
- How to confirm the rupture of hymen?