question-icon

What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018
Question: Hi DOC,
Please find attached growth scan report attached.
Also find the prescription made by our doc for baby weight(item 1 &2) and Amino fluids item 3 highlighted in red.

Can you please let us know your opinion on the prescription and the scan report.

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma (9 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Just borderline growth

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
I have reviewed the report and the prescription.
The ultrasound report mentions the estimated fetal weight to be 11%, which is just more than the cut off for labelling the fetus as growth restricted, which is 10 the centile.
So, your doctor has advised high protein diet and amino acid supplementation to promote the growth of the fetus.
It is advisable to take the treatment as advised.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine