What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 31 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am 55years aged male, reported Grade1 Prostatomegaly and mild fatty Liver in abdomen and kub scan.
I had abdomen pain especially after long walking. My Physician advised UROSOL 150 ONCE DAILY and
URIMAX 0.4G (TWICE A DAY).
Please suggest any caution in diet and lifestyle to be adopted and opinion on continuation of these drugs..
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
read detail answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query
Based on the facts that you have been detected to have Grade one Prostatomegally and changes of fatty liver reported on Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen .

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Do you have obstructive voiding urinary symptoms like poor stream ,urgency ,frequency for urination ,nocturia etc ?

Generally Ursocol 150 mg is prescribed to dissolve Gall stone rich in cholesterol and of not of much help in fatty changes in liver .

The dose of Urimax is 0.4 mg once daily and not to be taken twice daily .

As regards your query about diet ensure to avoid fatty and oily food .
.
Include green vegetables and fruits .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Thanks for your quick and precise reply
I did not notice any serious obstruction to urine flow, is it necessary to reduce size of prostrate?If yes how?What could have been the cause of pain after long seal king intermittently?Now I don't feel such a pain after medication.
Anything to worry about my findings? Is it necessary to consult Urologist?
Kindly advice.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Upload your Ultrasound Scanning report

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Decision to take medications depends upon severity of symptoms and size of the prostate as reported in Scan report .

I would appreciate of you can upload report of Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen .

I would suggest you to consult qualified Urologist fo proper assessment and management .

Thanks and Regards.
dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 41 hours later
KINDLY SEE THE UPLOADED SCAN REPORT AS DESIRED.
PL. ADVICE HOW TO GO ABOUT.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take combination of Tomsulosin and Dutasteride (Urimax D) once daily

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Take combination of Tomsulosin and Dutasteride (Urimax D ) once daily for 3 months and repeat scan after 3 months .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.