• question-icon

What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Dear doctor,
Thid is my second cycle of letrozole 2.5mg i took letrozole from 2 to 7th day of the cycle then from 10th day i started taking duphaston. I went for ultrasound on cd9 which shows 15mm follicle in right ovary then on cd11 it was shruken to 7 mm and on cd13 same 7mm and no pod seen. On cd13 they noticed one cyst in left ovary of 3.4 cm. The doctor told me no ovulation this cycle.. then on cd 18 i started to have stretchy discharge.. i stopped duphaston on cd25.
On cd 31 i started getting brown spotting on cd 32 little more and stopped. It was not bright red colour and without clots also. Normally my period is heavy..
On Cd 33 i went for blood test it came negative mentioning hcg level less than 2. Is it the period or it is implation bleeding. Right now i am in cd 36
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Implantation bleeding unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
If the beta hCG levels are less than 2 and on cd 13, there was no dominant follicle or the evidence of ovulation, then there are no chance of pregnancy in this cycle.
Implantation bleeding is unlikely to occur so many days after the letrozole intake.
The brownish discharge you are having is likely the withdrawal bleeding after stopping duphastone.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 26 minutes later
so is it possible for me not to get period after stopping duphaston. its been 10 days after stopping the tablet. still no more period except brown spotting and it was very light and came for 2 days only. hcg test i took after one day of spotting

also is it possible that i could have ovulated later than cd13
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Repeat the beta hCG levels

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Sometimes the period flow is very scanty after taking duphastone and occurs only like spotting.
Pregnancy is unlikely.
However, you should repeat the serum beta hCG levels now to see if there is any increase in the levels and hence any possibility of pregnancy.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine