• question-icon

What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Kidney Conditions
Question: Nephrology Docotor Kindly check my attached report and suggest me better treatment
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound shows kidneys are small

Detailed Answer:

Ultrasound shows that the kidneys are small .
No treatment can be started on the basis of ultrasound report alone. what is more important is your physical problems, if you are a diabetic or not, do you have any swelling of legs, do you get breathless, what is your blood pressure. What is the blood test reports of KFT, CBC, LFT and the urine routine reports.

These will help us in finding that why are the kidneys getting small and what can be done about it

best wishes,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Ravi Bansal 3 hours later
My father having high blood pressure issue one day back around 147, litte bit swellingin legs , s creatinine on 23rd XXXXXXX 04.85 and last 29th XXXXXXX 02.51 .

So please suggest me better from your hand
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
He is sufferering from chronic renal failure

Detailed Answer:
Hi, your father is suffereing from chronic renal failure. he has to

1. control bp to 130/80
2. stop nonveg and fruits and juices.
3. decrease liquid intake.
4. optimise medical treatment by use of sodium bicarbonate, calcium and phosphate binders. i/ v iron and epo use.

all these can only be correctly tailored by repeated opd visits with a nephrologist. so that the doctor can examine him and start a suitable combination of medicines.

please meet your Nephrologist in opd

best wishes

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ravi Bansal 12 hours later
Recovery chances for this case
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kidney size are small

Detailed Answer:

The kidney size are small so it cannot recover. But you can live with it; just like one can live with diabetes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ravi Bansal

Nephrologist