• question-icon

What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Posted on Sat, 8 Jul 2017 in Lump
Question: Hello,

I inquired sbout a lump 1/2 weeks ago that was a 2cm by 1 cm
Now 8mm by 4 mm so smaller
I had an ultrasound that the report did reveal much-- they stated:
small mass in hilum subcutaneous tissue with blood flow forearm

What could this be? I am beyond scared this is cancer

Radiologist report didnt mention any alarm diagnosis but does this sound like cancer? So scared- i am being referred to a surgeon
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound Report

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question on HCM

I do understand your concern

“As” per ultrasound report it is not cancer at all and it is a begin growth you need clinical correlation before arriving at a point and if clinically needs then your doctor will do a biopsy to confirm the mass.

So nothing to be worried at all

Hope that helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 23 minutes later
What type of mass could it be ? Also she called bsck after caling the hospital radiologist asking for more info and the radioligist on file said it was swollen lymph node-- what can vause this? 2 weeks in total this far
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Enlarged lymph node

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your follow up reply

“As” per radiologist it is a swollen lymph node and it can be due to various pathological causes so your clinical history is required to tell cause responsible for swollen lymph node.

Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 38 minutes later
We went over history and i dont know why it would enlarge- i did have a bruise next to it but thets been gone for a week- should i push to see a surgeon and blook work ? Also, frusterating that each radiologist gave different answers- do lymph nodes just enlarge fof no reason ? And sizing wise would you be concerned? The radiologist said no.
And if it was a mass and its decreased in soze like such- what are you thoughts of what it would be? Do cancer lumps decrease in soze? Iappreciate your feed back
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Enlarged lymph nodes

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your follow up query

If I were your treating doctor for this case of lymph node enlargement, I would come up with these possibilities -:

1)Rule out infection by doing [Complete Blood Count] with ESR and check if you have fever or not.

2)Rule out tuberculosis by doing T-spot TB test and a tuberculin skin test and do a sputum culture[RE/ME/culture]

3)Rule out cancer by checking if you have unexplained weight loss as well as loss of appetite present or not if present then a biopsy of lymph node is required, and if not then no need of it.

Finally, I may say that cancer growth dose not decrease in size at all rather increase.

Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions then please do not hesitate in writing to me. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Thanks, and wish you a good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo