• question-icon

What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi doctor. I am suffering from gastric problem from 2 years. I am on rabonic plus tablet.I did USG test and no significant abnormality detected. But there is note on gall bladder distended. No evidence of calculi/ sludge. Normal wall thickness.

Let me know for further treatment.
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound Report

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question on HCM

I do understand your concern

With such presentations in my clinic & regarding ultrasound report I may say that the distended gall bladder which you had insisted means, you might have inflammation in your gall bladder without presence of any stone. This might be due to cholecystitis so I recommend a full blood count and a [HIDA]scan to ruled out possible infection as well as flow of bile from liver to intestine.

So, treatment depends upon your clinical signs and symptoms like severe pain in right abdomen and abdominal tenderness. If present then gall bladder removal is the best option.If, no pain is there nothing to be worried at all.

Hope that helps

Please let me know if you have further questions before meeting your primary care Doctor.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 19 hours later
Thanks you for your advice and quick response. One more thing I never had any kind of stomach pain or anything. I only had gastric problem with short of breathless & no other symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gastric Problem

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your follow up reply

“As” per your problem do some lifestyle modification and I think it will help you in your gastric problem and medication may not be required at all in future-:

1)Try to reduce your weight if you are over weight

2)Try to wear loose clothing

3)Try to avoid fatty, fried foods, tomato sauce, chocolate, mint, garlic, onion, caffeine and alcohol etc

4)Try to eat small meals and avoid over eating

5)Wait at least 3 hours before going to bed

6)Try to raise your head at sleeping by raising foot of your bed by at least 5 inches.

Hope that helps your gastric problem

Thanks

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo