What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi Doctor,
I am XXXX from XXXXXXX My sister has water bubbles in her uterus. She is 26 years old. Today she underwent Ultra Sound scanning and found that there are small water bubbles in her uterus. She has the same problem for last 10 years and taking medication for that and there is no improvement so far. She is over weight too like 75 to 80 Kgs. Because of this problem she is getting weakness, feeling tired easily and hormones imbalance. Kindly suggest her the best medication to avoid problems in future for her pregnancy.

Thank you Doctor.
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Is it polycystic ovarian desease.?

Detailed Answer:
Hi
GREETINGS
Your sister's scan report is not conclusive.Water bubbles in uterus is not a clinical diagnosis.can you send me her scan report ?
Is it multiple cysts in ovaries ? called as polycystic ovarian desease. In this condition there can be hormonal imbalances and increased weight.
Feel free to ask your doubts with more details.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 13 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Greetings for the day..!!

I have attached my sister's Ultra Sound Scan Reports for your reference.
Kindly suggest us the best medication.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Picture is not clear

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Image is not clear while zooming.Please send me the reports instead of images and details of treatment taken.
I will assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 30 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

I have attached the Ultrasound report for further examination.

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Scan is in favour of PCOD

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As I suggested she may be having PCOD.
She need to consult an experienced gynaecologist who can confirm it by examining her.She has to reduce her weight and take medicines regularly to normalise her periods and hormones.
If she is married , fertility issues ,(if any ) can be discussed.
Hope my answer helps you.