What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Kidney Conditions
Question: KUB scan shows
1.Right Kidney-Normal site,size,shape,axis and echotexture. (Size measured in lateral position- Deep inspiration) Normal parenchymal thickness and outline. Normal corticosteroids medullary differentiation. Pelvicaliceal system is not dilated. No SOLs. Midpole 3 mm calculus noted. Echogenic no shadowing foci are also noted.
2.Left Kidney-Normal site,size,shape,axis and echotexture. (Size measured in lateral position- Deep inspiration) Normal parenchymal thickness and outline. Normal corticosteroids medullary differentiation. Pelvicaliceal system is (Grade- 3) dilated. No SOLs. No evidence of echogenic shadowing focus/foci measuring 6 mm or more in the PCS S/o calculi. Echogenic no shadowing foci are also noted.
RT Ureter- Not traceable.
Lt Ureter- Dilated. Traced uptown pelvic cavity.
UV Junctions- No obvious lesions at the time f scan.
Urinary bladder- Distended. Normal wall. No calculi or masses. Residual urine 40 cc.
Prostate- (24CC) Normal contour and echotexture. No SOLs.
What does this means??

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You have obstructive uropahy on Left side .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query ,

Based on the Ultrasound scan that you have posted you have non obstructing calculi in both the kidneys .

The dilatation of Left Pelvi Calyceal system with dilatation of ureter up to pelvic cavity suggests obstruction to flow of urine from left kidney down into urinary bladder .This could be due to either stone or narrowing of the ureter in its lower third portion which needs to be investigated by doing either Intra Venous Pyelography or Contrast C.T Scan of K.U.B.

Further treatment will depend upon the resuts of these tests and final diagnosis .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.