What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: Ho doctor ,
I just get my ultra sound result today and there was mild coarsening of hepatocelluler texture with normal size of the liver and liver blood test was normal too .
What's that mean plz ?
Is at any specific diet for that ?
Should do more test ?
Thanks you
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal liver.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for Choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
Asper your query,

Coarse echotexture of liver is generally due to liver parenchymal disease. Normal echotexture of liver is homogeneous in nature.

However, mild coarse echo texture of liver can be seen in normal patients. In these conditions, it needs clinical correlation and blood tests.
As you liver function tests are good and other findings are normal,so Mild coarsening is considered as a age related change and can be assumed as normal.
Just take normal diet and healthy life style.
Avoid alcohol and exercise daily.
No further testing is required.
Get well soon.
Repeat Ultrasound after a year.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj