What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 17 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: hi , I am 35 yr old female, 51 kgs, 5'3". I have a 5 yr old child and she was delivered via c-sec. I am under hypoythyroid treatment for past 3 yrs with a dosage of 100 mcg of thyronorm (mon-fri). For the past 5 months i am seeing mid cycle spotting which happens for 2 - 3 days and stops. Periods are absolutely regular (28-30 days cycle) without any pain and Thyroid and USG reports are also totally normal. I have been prescribed BlongF , 1 per day for 3 months. I am also having a bit of facial hair on the chin and occassional acne in the chin area.
6 yrs ago i had mid cycle bleeding and had a polypectomy done. I had concieved in 3 months after that. Mid cycle spotting has occured in last 3 years 1 or 2 times but was not for more then 2 months at a stretch. Attaching the USG report. Please help me understand what is wrong with me and why should i take B Long F ?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stop B long F

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

B long F is not needed for you. Please stop it.

Your attached ultrasound report is normal and does not show a polyp.

Midcycle spotting is common in some women and is normal. This indicates ovulation on those days. I dont see any reason to worry about it.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Follow up: Dr. Soumya 12 hours later
Thank you for your response doctor. My concern is that this mid cycle spotting has been happening since past 5 months. i have a few facial hair growing on the chin area. Its very less and not visible if removed but its still there. i also get acne once in a while on the chin area. Do i need to take any treatment for PCOD ? I am also attaching images of USG. Please do look at them. This scan was done 2 weeks ago.

I also forgot to mention that after my polypectomy in 2011, i had concieved and had a miscarriage in 8 weeks. No DNC was done. It all happened through bleeding.2 months after that i had again concieved and had successfull pregnancy.

I am curious to know why blongF was prescribed to me ?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
B long F not required

Detailed Answer:

B long F helps only if there is high prolactin level.Some doctors do give it as empirical treatment though there is no need. Hence I dont think there is need for it unless you have high prolactin levels in blood.

You had 2 miscarriage which needs evaluation. Please see a fertility specialist (preferably in IVF centre) in your town.

I dont think you have PCOD. PCOD is not related to such spotting.

Let me know if you need anymore help.