What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Had an abdominal, pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound. Result was a mild prominence of left collecting system. No evidence for cholelithiasis. Everything else was normal. Have to do ultrasound in 5 to 6 weeks to assess for resolution. What does this all mean?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Prominent Pelvi Calyceal System is not be worried at all

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Your Ultrasound Scanning has been reported you to ave Prominent Pelvi Calyceal system in kidney .

This is a common finding that we come across during routine ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and does not carry any significance .

It could be mostly due to temporary spasm of the ureter at that particular time resulting in to stagnation of urine in Pelvi Calyceal system or due to recent passage of a small kidney stone.

There is nothing to be worried about it .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.