Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

134 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Answered by
Dr. Anshul Varshney

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 3072 Questions

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: hi my dad is 67 year old he is having diffculty in having urine i have taken him to rg stone hospital where they did usg kub doctor said he need immidiate attention he has pancraese , please tell me what excatly in his ultrasound report
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs Evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
Your father's Ultrasound suggests that his pancreas has swelling that could be due to acute infection of Pancreas oer could be due to some long ongoing chronic pancreatitis.
This could result from infection, stones , alcohol , cancer and a lot of many other reasons.
His second issue seen in Ultrasound report is an enlarged prostate that could be a part of the old age.
However the problem in urination could result from this and bulky pancreas could be an incidental finding.
Now I would recommend you to see you your doctor who would order following tests for him:
1. CT Abdomen
2. Serum Amylase , Lipase
3. Blood sugars.
4. Urine routine and culture
5. Serum PSA levels.
You should definitely see your doctor today and share my opinion with him.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Enlarged prostate

doctor1 MD

My husband got very nauseated and extremely sweaty while urinating. He also got shaky. This happened once before about 5 years ago. What could cause this?

doctor1 MD

At times I have floatys in my vision, 2 toes that have partial feeling loss, and diarrhea off and on after eating. Pre existing conditions are pre-diabetes , enlarged prostate , hyperacidity . Medications currently taking, Metformin, tamsulosin .4...

doctor1 MD

I was just diagnosed with low or intermediate risk prostate cancer . I can t remember when sometime after my biopsy or diagnosis I started to get mild abdominal pain . It started down in very lower abdomen then moved upwards - I have had it for...

doctor1 MD

I have been diagnosed as having Grade II enlargement of prostrate measuring 40 cc. PVR urine 20 cc.No evidence of ascites.PSA within normal limits .A complex cystic mass with thick internal echoes between umbilicus and UB measuring 6x6x5 cm,doubtfully connected to anterosuperior bladder wall .please advise.


doctor1 MD

Good morning Dr Chandan, I will be obliged if you kindly advise me for my father s problem, which is a combination of hernia and prostate. My father, now aged 87 years suffered from urine blockage problem 7 years ago. We consulted experienced specialists and enlarged prostate was diagnosed. We were ready for surgery when one of my friends suggested an ayurvadic medicine for blocked urine problem. Within one hour of taking that medicine, he started passing urine normally. For next few days, we and a Physician in our neighborhood watched carefully and kept catheter handy but he was absolutely normal. He is continuously staying with me, and I am also watchful but since that day onward (now for about 7 years), he has no problem, though he has not been operated for enlarged prostate. Today he has inguinal hernia (right side) and we are planning for surgery though there is no pain or emergency. But the surgeon found enlarged prostate in clinical examination, and he now advises for surgery for prostate too - because he says that hernia problem will reappear soon if prostate problem is not treated now. The doctor is not prepared to treat only hernia problem. He has already been operated for hernia (left side) some 16 years ago. Sir, my specific query is that is it necessary to operate for prostate too though there is absolutely no complaint related to that problem? Hernia and prostate are linked? If we treat only hernia, do we expect problem in near future from enlarged prostate? If yes, how and what is the level of seriousness? I will be highly obliged if you kindly advise me. I simply want to avoid surgery for him - especially at this age unless essential. Regards, Vineet Gupta YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

Hi,have been recently been diagnosed with an enlarged prostate ,today i started taking flomaxtra which my uroligist prescribed for me.I have to go back & see him in a months time & if my condition hasn t improved he said i may have to undergo the TURP procedure.I have been doing quite a bit of research on the internet & personally i would rather try the green laser procedure as it seems to have less complications,what are your thoughts on this.I just turned 50yrs old this year. Thank You David Simpson

doctor1 MD

I have enlarged prostrate diagnosed about two years back , I am 47 years now , My doctor prescribed me urimex 0.4 mg which I taken for two months & later another doctor changed to alfuzocin 10mg , I have bben taking this medicine for approx two years now , I am not feeling any improvement & taking longer time to pass urine then before , also frequency has increased , Pl suggest which medicine should I change to or what should i do to increase flow as it is increasingly become difficult , I feel embarrassed when at a public toilet I take too long Pl advise