What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: hi my dad is 67 year old he is having diffculty in having urine i have taken him to rg stone hospital where they did usg kub doctor said he need immidiate attention he has pancraese , please tell me what excatly in his ultrasound report
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs Evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
Your father's Ultrasound suggests that his pancreas has swelling that could be due to acute infection of Pancreas oer could be due to some long ongoing chronic pancreatitis.
This could result from infection, stones , alcohol , cancer and a lot of many other reasons.
His second issue seen in Ultrasound report is an enlarged prostate that could be a part of the old age.
However the problem in urination could result from this and bulky pancreas could be an incidental finding.
Now I would recommend you to see you your doctor who would order following tests for him:
1. CT Abdomen
2. Serum Amylase , Lipase
3. Blood sugars.
4. Urine routine and culture
5. Serum PSA levels.
You should definitely see your doctor today and share my opinion with him.
If you have any further query, please ask me.