What does this ultrasound report indicate?
EXAM: ULTRASOUND ABDOMEN COMPLETE
HISTORY: Fatty liver
TECHNIQUE: Standard grayscale images were acquired with additional Doppler interrogation when appropriate.
COMPARISON: None available.
Liver: Nonspecific slight heterogeneous liver echotexture without mass depicted. The liver measures 12.9 cm in length.
Bile Ducts: Intrahepatic and extrahepatic bile ducts are not dilated. The common bile duct measures 0.4 cm diameter.
Spleen: Normal echotexture. The spleen measures 8.6 cm in length.
Aorta: Visualized portions appear normal. IVC venous flow suggesting patency. Portal vein shows hepatopetal flow direction and normal size.
Kidneys: No pelvicaliceal dilatation. No stones. The right kidney measures 9.2 cm in length. The left kidney measures 9.6 cm in length.
Ascites: None. No pleural effusion depicted.
IMPRESSION: Nonspecific mild heterogeneous echotexture of the liver.
Unremarkable study otherwise. Correlation with clinical and laboratory data needed.
What does " Nonspecific slight heterogeneous liver echotexture without mass depicted " mean ? and what is the difference between first and second ultrasound .. Do i still have fatty liver? Is there any enlargement in the liver ?
Thank you in advance ..
Hi and thank you for asking on HCM.
I read carefully all your concerns and I can say as follows:
1. You are reporting to have ALT 63 recently and cholesterol 253.
Your ALT level is mildly elevated , it may be related with fatty liver and high cholesterol level.
2. To my opinion you need to start the treatment with statins for high cholesterol level plus healthy diet.
3. With regards to liver description made on ultrasound it means that your liver is not homogenous but there is nothing to be worried. Both ultrasounds means the same finding but expressed in different words.
Otherwise I need to know if it Is the same physician that made both ultrasounds or different?
To my opinion you continue to have fatty liver even it is not enlarged.
If you can send me the report of the first abdominal ultrasound it would be great.
Hope it was helpful to you.
Yes i did ultrasound in two diffrent facilities.
Can you please review and give me your opinion. I have concerns because it doesnt say anything about fatty liver . I dont know what are stains but is it a lifetime medication? And i did abstain from fast food and alcohol for 10 months . Can you please give me your opininon on consuming alcohol in moderation . ( like once or twice drink per weekend ). And is there any patient that have my condition at my age :( . And how serious it is . Thank you ..
I review you abdominal ultrasound report and i can say that it is the same but expressed in different words.
But I can say that the second ultrasound describes your liver better than the firs one.
It means that you have improvement of fatty liver. On the other hand if you are concerned about liver fibrosis than You can perform fibro-scan which will better rule out fibrosis of your liver.
Otherwise since you have elevated ALT level I would recommend you to quit alcohol at least 8 weeks and after that you should repeat AST and ALT level.
There are a lot of patients in my clinical practice at your age with such issues.
It is not a serious conditions but need to take care of your diet which means to:
- stop alcohol use
- use vegetables and fresh fruits
- avoid fatty foods
- use fish or chicken meat
- increase physical activity and try to loose weight.
Hope it was helpful to you.
i forgot to mention that i did a fibroscan on April, after 3 months of first ultrasound . it gaves me 3.4 Kpa . a higher reading was 4.1 once.
Thank you for giving more of your medical data.
If fibroscan shows score maximum level of 4.1 Kpa, it is within normal range.
It means that you don't have liver fibrosis.
DON'T WORRY, it is only fatty liver.
Hope it was shelpful to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- What is efw in pregnancy ultrasound report?
- What are the findings from the ultrasound report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- What does the ultrasound report mean
- Whole abdomen ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What does my ultrasound indicate
- What does the ultrasound report suggest
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate
- Have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome due to mild lupus. Have...
- Had sinus infection and prescribed with amox clav. Recommended to have...
- Using anti wrinkle cream with Retinol. Lips peeling and crackling....
- What causes feeling of foul taste coming from stomach when i burp?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting post hip surgery
- Is it normal to have spillage from fistulectomy wound?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain
- What causes dark stools and itchy anus?
- What causes burning in the upper part of throat?
- What does elevated CA level indicate?