What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: What is the meaning of following...

Placenta in fundo anterior wall and lower segment. grade 2 maturity.

Lower margin is well above the internal OS. Internal OS is closed.

Single live active foetus in cephalic presentation at the time of scan and of average gestational age :35 weeks 5 days.
Low lying placenta.

Should I concerned for low lying placenta.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The scan report suggests a placenta that is attached a bit lower in the uterus but since it is not covering the os, it will not affect the pregnancy or a labor process. It is normal for a 35 weeks pregnancy. You need not worry.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal