What does this ultrasound report indicate?
He needs Endoscopic surgery of Trans Urethral Resection of Prostate (TURP)
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts and reports of USG Scanning of abdomen of your father that you have posted it appears that he has Obstructive Voiding symptoms due to Enlarged Prostate .
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem .
1) Does he have frequency for urination ,urgency for urination ,nocturnal frequency etc?suggestive of bladder outlet obstruction due to Enlarged prostate which is confirmed on USG scanning ?.
In view of the size of the glans and large post void residual urine volume the medical line of treatment will not help him hence needs to undergo an Endoscopic surgery of Trans Urethral Resection of Prostate (TURP).
This is gold standard surgery done to remove the prostate that has been practiced all over the world which helps to improve quality of life of a patient at old age .
Please go ahead and consult qualified Urologist for pre operative evaluation and get him operated .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
right now my father taking medicine "Slodart" 1 tablet per day. he have regular urination but its paining while urination.
my question is:- 1) how much time will take this Endoscopic surgery of Trans Urethral Resection of Prostate ? 2) approx how much costlier the same surgery ? 3) out of 100 how much % this will done successfully ?
please revert for my question & thanks a lot again for your prompt & satisfactory reply.
Surgery is 100 % safe
Thanks for follow up .
I would put my views on your questions as detailed bellow.
1) In experienced hands it takes 1 hour for surgery .It is done under spinal anesthesia.
2) The cost depends upon the Hospital .In private hospitals it will cost you 30-35 Thousand XXXXXXX Rupees.whereas will cost about 50-60 Thousand in Corporate hospital.
3) It is safe and result oriented surgery to the extent of 100%,
Thanks and Regards.
finally we have done blood reports and sending you for your final feedback.
please check the attach report and guide me to take next step in the same.
Thanks & Regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- What is efw in pregnancy ultrasound report?
- What are the findings from the ultrasound report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- What does the ultrasound report mean
- Whole abdomen ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What does my ultrasound indicate
- What does the ultrasound report suggest
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate