What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: My Wife ultrasound shows tiny sacs. We consulted Doctor, who give one tablet of mifegest 200mg today at 9.30 am. She ask us to take 2 tablet of Cytolog 200mg on 11.04.2016 at 9.30 am and again 2 tablet at 1.30 pm on 11.04.2016.

Kindly let me know whether it is OK.

We are not willing to continue pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is right provided her pregnancy is less than 9 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

For medical termination of pregnancy the prescribed treatment is completely right provided her pregnancy is less than 9 weeks and preferably 7 weeks.

Since the ultrasound shows tiny sacs there is enough evidence to say the eligibility of your wife for medical termination of pregnancy.

I like to inform you that it will be appropriate if she keeps under observation of the treating doctor as excessive bleeding can be side effect of this medication.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 39 hours later
She took 2 tab of Cytolog 200mg on 11.04.2016 at 9.30 am. Bleeding starts at 11.40 am.

Please advice whether to take 2 tab of Cytolog 200mg at 1.30 PM or note.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me.

The 200 mcg of cytolog are part of treatment and should be administered after repoting to your doctor.

Either excessive bleeding or incomplete abortion may result as side effect in either directions and tjat should be taken care by at this moment.

I hope this assists you further.
Thanks and regards.

Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Another 2 tab of Cytolog 200mg at 1.30 pm.

Till now, bleeding is ok. not much excess bleeding.

Whether everything is OK now.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I think better not to mix routine care with urgent care

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me.

I understand that everything is going on as per schedule but both the complications which I mentioned above can occur. In addition both excessive bleeding and incomplete abortion could be fatal to the patient.

I will request you to not to supplement routine care where emergency care required and see her treating doctor.

Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 45 minutes later
Bleeding now stopped since 3.30 PM

Please advice
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Make sure there is complete abortion

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me.

Since the possibility of first complication is over (bleeding stopped) make sure there is complete abortion so the second possibility can also be ruled out.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks and regards.