What does this ultrasound report indicate?
Please follow the suggetsions below....
Hi and welcome to HCM!
I am Klerida Shehu gastroenterologist and I am glad to assist you further.
You are experiencing stomach ache, bloating that gets better after meal. These symptoms are most likely to:
- stomach ulcer/gastritis
- IBS( irritable Bowel syndrome)
- bowel candida overgrowth
If I were your treating doctor I would recommend doing:
- upper endoscopy
- fecal test for candida overgrowth
With regards to abdominal ultrasound report, it can not diagnose stomach ulcer.
Colonic gaseous distention is suggestive for IBS.
Otherwise I note that you have uterus fibroids. This finding can explain a part of your symptoms this is why I suggest to consult OBGYN specialist.
Meantime to improve your symptoms I suggest as follows:
- eat often and small amount of meal
- avoid chilly ,fatty and spicy foods
- avoid alcohol and smoking
- take plenty of water
- use vegetables and fresh fruits
- use PPI's like controloc to decrease stomach acid and to heal stomach ulcer
- use simethicone to improve bloating
Hope it was helpful to you!
Unfortunately for you a CT scan with contrast doesn't show ulcers. This is why you should do upper endoscopy. Since you don't want to do upper endoscopy for now, you may continue with above mentioned suggestions (diet, life style and treatment).
If the symptoms persist then you should do upper endoscopy in a specialized medical center. You shouldn't worry about puncturing accidents if you do endoscopy in a specialized center.
Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
If you were my patient firstly I would recommend to do upper endoscopy plus breath test for H. Pylory infection and than start the treatment with PPI's.
But if you can't see your doctor soon than I suggest to start the treatment with PPi's like Prilosec OTC.
Treatment for stomach ulcer or gastritis continue up to 4- 8 weeks.
Meantime i suggest to avoid, alcohol,smoking, spicy foods and NSAID's use( non steroidal inflammatory drugs)
Otherwise if you don't get improvement after 2 weeks than you should do upper endoscopy.
Wish you all the best!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- What is efw in pregnancy ultrasound report?
- What are the findings from the ultrasound report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- What does the ultrasound report mean
- Whole abdomen ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What does my ultrasound indicate
- What does the ultrasound report suggest
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate