What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: I am 29 year old.
My last mensuration date was 15 Aug 2015. I think we had unprotected intercourse around 25 Aug & 5 sept 2015.
We went to a gyno on 23 sept for test. There was no G sac in Usound report. Blood test showed HCG @ 280.
On 25 HCG was 720.
Now on 29 sept U/sound report showed an illdefined intrauterine GSac @ 6.3mm without yolk sac and foetal pole.
Report says that it might be missed abortion.
Pls advise.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more details please.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Can you please upload the ultrasound scan report.
I would want to look at the images and the report before giving my opinion.
Also, is this your first pregnancy ?
Did you have regular cycles ?
Please provide these details so that I can guide you further.
LOoking forward to hearing from you.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 18 minutes later
This is the first pregnancy and I had a history of irregular periods
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be early pregnancy due to irregular periods.

Detailed Answer:
Okay, thank you for the update.
I have gone through the scan.
Since you have irregular periods, it is possible that this is very early pregnancy, and the baby might show normal development late rone.
Please have a repeat transvaginal scan after one week to confirm whether this is early pregnancy or really a missed abortion ( baby will not grow in that case ).
If it is missed abortion, then the pregnancy needs to be terminated.
Please take rest, avoid any kind of stress, intercourse, exercise, travelling etc.
Take folic acid tablets and progesterone supplements.
you can contact me directly anytime, by clicking on the following link -
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-aarti-abraham/64623
Wish you best of luck for your pregnancy !