What does this ultrasound report for pelvi-ureteric junction (PUJ) obstruction indicate?
Needs further investigation
Thanks for the query
It looks like your son is having a pelvi-uretric abnormality commonly called as puj. Most often it is congenital detected only later in life. There is nothing to be alarmed about.
Here is how you should go about it
1. ultra sound of the kidney is not a very good modality to note puj abnormality, you must get a ct scan of the kidney ureter and bladder to have a better view of the pelvicalycleal system
2. once the ct scan is done get a dtpa renogram, this test will tell us how well the kidney is functioning
3. if the kidney is functioning well then you will be referred to a urologist where he will advice you corrective surgeries (if required). Mild dilatation is most often medically managed, few puj abnormalities get corrected on its own once the child grows
I am sure you have several doubts, please get back to me so that I can help you
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- What is efw in pregnancy ultrasound report?
- What are the findings from the ultrasound report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- Done ultrasound scan of pelvis what does the report says
- What does the ultrasound report mean
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What does my ultrasound indicate
- What does the ultrasound report suggest
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate