question-icon

What does this ultrasound report for liver indicate?

Posted on Tue, 10 May 2016
Question: HI. MY HUSBANDS ULTRA SOUND REPORT SHOWS ENLARGED LIVER SIZE MEASURING 16.2CM WITH NORMAL ECHO TEXTURE. 10X8MM WELL DEFINE ROUND TO OVALE SHAPE HYPERECHOIC LESION NOTED IN THE RIGHT LOBE OF LIVER. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN. I WANT TO KNOW THE TREATMENT.
Answered by Dr. Rishi (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
It could be a Liver Hemangioma.

Detailed Answer:
This is quite a big lesion.
It is most likely a Hemangioma which is a harmless lesion and happens to be the commonest lesion of the liver. But it could be one of many things and which would require further investigation.
I suggest you take opinion of a Physician who can examine your husband and get tumor marker tests(Blood tests) done and also probably a CECT of the abdomen and pelvis.
You dont need to be afraid but such a large lesion would require further investigation.
Please get all tumor markers done and a CECT Abdomen.
You could contact us again with the reports.
Do let me know if there are any queries on this issue.
Take care and do let me know.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon