What does this ultrasound report during 21 weeks of pregnancy indicate?
At 21 weeks 2 days:
BPD 48 (says on report this indicates 20.1 GA)
OFD 64 ,AD 52 , FL 35 (20.7 GA), HC 183.6, AC 163.4, HTN n, fluid normal, BPDc 20.6
These all seem behind 21 weeks 1 day. Should i be concerned? Does this indicate problem with placenta or intrauterine growth restriction?
Not an IUGR
Thanks for the query to HCM,
well at 21 weeks +2 days if the BPD reads 20+1 and FL is 20+6 , AC seems adequate. Overall growth is fine and these are ultrasonological parameters and hence can never be same as your gestational age. There is always a discrepancy in the readings often by 10 per cent.
Moreover it is suggested that you may if possible, attach the ultrasound report as an attachment as placental position and fl/ac ratio, and amniotic fluid volume can be commented upon on having seen the report .
Please attach the report.
With what info you have furnished , it is not an IUGR.
Its a normal scan...an ovarian dermoid seen for you...explained in detail.
The report is perfectly fine as far as the foetus is concerned and its growth is well corresponding to the period of gestation. Placenta is posterior and not previa , which is fine. Cervical length is also good and more than 3cm which rules out any chances of preterm labour.
There are no anomalies in the foetus and is free from any. There is no real concern or need to worry about the conception here as the baby is growing fine and is not under any growth restriction at all.
However an ovarian dermoid has been cited in the ultrasound in your right ovary which shall require removal after this delivery. Though the size has not been mentioned so a follow up scan would be required to observe the size with time.
Rest is all fie and you need not worry with regards to your child,
Hace a safe pregnancy ,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ultrasound done during pregnancy what does it mean
- Sample of ultrasound report of pregnancy
- What is efw in pregnancy ultrasound report?
- Ultrasound done during pregnancy is the report ok
- 7 weeks pregnancy ultrasound
- Ultrasound done during pregnancy what does report mean
- Indications of ultrasound during pregnancy
- What are the findings from the ultrasound report during pregnancy
- Bleeding during pregnancy ultrasound done what could it be
- Ultrasound done during pregnancy is the report normal