What does this tread mill test result indicate?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: we took the Tred Mill test twice, Also took the blood test
Would you please guide me, What exactly the result is ?
Thank yu
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need angiography of coronary vessels.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX
Thanks for writing to HCM

I have gone through your reports in detail.

You have TMT positive for inducible ischemia,it means there is high chance of blockages in the arteries of the heart.Inducible ischemia means an inadequate supply of oxygen (via blood flow) to the heart muscle occurring with physical or emotional stress.It suggests that there is demand-supply mismatch at high demand levels for blood supply to the heart.
However,there are chances of false positive results.
You need clinical examination by a cardiologist.ECHO and angiography should be done.
Angiography will exactly assess the status of coronary arteries.

Blood parameters are almost normal.Hemoglobin is towards lower limit and fasting blood sugar is mildly raised and there is also presence of sugar in urine.

You should anti-diabetic medicines regularly and blood findings are acceptable.
He should take iron rich foods like green leafy vegetables,jaggery etc.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 16 minutes later
May I know What are all the causes for this problem?
What may happen?

Would you please suggest any medicines??
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please find detail answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX
Thanks for writing back

Block/Obstruction in coronary arteries of the heart is generally due to diseases like hypertension,diabetes mellitus,dyslipidemia.
So,you need monitoring of conditions that leads to ischemic changes like hypertension,altered lipid profile,diabetes mellitus.
You need further investigations like routine hemogram,Random blood sugar,Liver function test,Renal function test,Lipid profile,ultrasound of abdomen.

If these disease are uncontrolled,then it causes accelerated atherosclerosis and patients are more prone to heart attack.So,it is better to exclude these conditions.

Proper medicines should be advised after full investigations like angiography.

You should be active in daily routine and go for walking and exercise.
Avoid alcohol,smoking if you take these things.
Avoid fried and fatty food.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj