• question-icon

What does this transvaginal ultrasound report indicate?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Please reviwe the attahed Transvaginal Ultrasound
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
main abnormality is fibroid

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The main finding of the ultrasound is the myoma/fibroid measuring 7.68 * 5.75*7 cm. It states in was intramural, this is one of the more common types of fibroids, this means that it forms within the wall of the uterus.

It states that this is unchanged from the previous ultrasound in 2014, meaning that there is no growth, which is good.

The endometrium or lining of the uterus was normal.

The ovaries were not directly seen but they did note that they did not see any abnormal masses/lesions in the adnexa where the ovaries are located, this means that if there was any abnormality of the ovaries, would have been seen in this area.

Summary: main abnormality is the fibroids but these are unchanged since 2014

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow up: Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Great , thanks for the quick response
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
ok

Detailed Answer:
No problem

If anything else unclear, feel free to ask
Dr. Michelle Gibson James