What does this thyroid test report indicate?

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Evaluate free t4 1.5. T3. Is 3.1. Reg TSH is 3.74. Have been on Synthroid Then levothyroxine for many years. Current dosage .1mcg. Thyroid scan over 20 yrs ago was neg.
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About levothyroxine dose;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
The hormonal level you reported is within normal ranges under levothyroxine treatment.
The dose ( I suppose 100 mcg because 1 mcg does not exist) is the right one and you should continue with this if no other pathologies are present.
You didn't mention why your treating physician is concerned for pituitary issues?
Is Hashimoto thyroiditis confirmed 20 years ago before starting treatment?
Will be a pleasure to help you further.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D