question-icon

What does this thyroid test report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015
Question: hi and I've had my period 3 times in 1 1/2 months i know i have hypothyroidism with hishimots disease my tosh level is 98 but I'm not understanding why i am having that much bleeding and being bloated with sever cramps.
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar (57 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You need to correct TSH levels, use low dose OC pills for 3 cycles

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Dr. Purushottam welcomes you to HCM virtual clinic!
Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully gone through your case, and I think I have understood your concern. I will try to address your medical concerns and would suggest you the best of the available treatment options.
1] You need to correct TSH levels with proper dose of thyroid tablets. TSH should get down below 5.5. Your endocrinologist is the best doctor to handle thyroid and Hashimoto condition.
2]I will suggest you to start with low dose oral contraceptive pills - usually 21 days pills and 7 days off the pills is routine regimen, continue at least for 3 cycles.
3]Restrict junk foods, preservative added foods.
4] Avoid deep fried foods,bakery products and refined sugars. Include plenty of fruits,salads, vegetables in diet. Have regular exercise schedule.

I hope my answer helps you.
Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN