What does this thyroid report regarding hair fall and tiredness indicate?

Dr. Minal Mohit

Endocrinologist

Posted on Thu, 12 Jun 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Im having Thyroid problem since from Age 15 day by day im getting so tired hair falling and no improvement in weight. doctor has checked my blood test and increased the tablet ELTROXIN dosage from 75 mcg to 125 mcg. below i have updated the blood test result for the month of XXXXXXX and Apr 2014 for your reference. please guide me weather im in right direction or not and why im feeling so tired..?

Jan-2014     
"T3 T4 TSH
Tn Iodothyroni├▒e
Method:152"     0.98 ng/rnL
"Thyroxine - Total (T14)
Method:152"     6 15 pg/dl
"Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
Method:152"     927 uIU/mL

Apr-2014     
"THYROID PROFIlE - 1
Trijodothyronine Total (TT3)"     124.20 ng/dl
Thyroxine - Total (TT4)     9.35 pg/dl
"Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
(TSH)"     5.26 microlU/mI

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
need to take calcium, vitamin D and b12.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX hi! i have gone through your reports and your profile. presently you need two things.
1. add calcium 1g /d and vitamin D 60k once a week, vitamin b12 1500 mcg /d
2. you need to tell me whether the increase in dose was done after your first report or it has been done after the april report? if it has been done now after the april report then repeat the test after 6 weeks and let me know. if it was done in XXXXXXX and now april report is giving TSH 5 mIU/ml then you need to further increase the dose top 150 mcg. regards!
Follow up: Dr. Minal Mohit 8 minutes later
After my first test doctor has advised my to increase the dosage from 75 to 175 mcg.

i have few queries.
1. i need to take eltroxin in empty stomach.?
2. please advise the additional tablets which i need to take along with eltroxin(i need prescription)
3. now a days im becoming so lazy and cant concentrate is it because of this problem..?
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is 125? 175?

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX in the initial query it was 125 mcg so i advised you to make it 150 but now you say it is 175 mcg, so you need to make it 200 mcg.
1. yes it has to be taken empty stomach because food interferes with absorption of the drug.
2. calcium, may be calcimax forte 500 mg twice a day after food.
vitamin D may be tayo 60 k once a week bed time
vitamin b12 may be matilda forte or meganeuron od 1500 mcg once a day.
3. start the drugs and you will appreciate the change. regards!
Follow up: Dr. Minal Mohit 13 minutes later
Sorry for the typo it is 125. as per your suggestion ill take 150 mcg along with the prescribed medicine. Thanks it was really helpful.
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome ma'm.

Detailed Answer:
dear ma'm, you are welcome. my pleasure to guide you. will wait for your positive response 6 weeks down the line. regards!