What does this thyroid peroxidase antibody test value indicate?
Would that be correct? I do have a follow up appointment but would like your thoughts before I go.
Thyroid peroxidase antibody positivity does not imply cancer. It indicates the likelihood of 'Chronic Auto immune (Hashimoto's) thyroiditis'. This refers to antibodies present in the blood that tend to make the thyroid cells under active.
So if your other thyroid tests such as TSH and Free T4 are normal at the moment it would be prudent to check them periodically to ensure you do not progress to 'hypothyroidism'
WHERE DOES MODERATE STOP AND HIGH STEP IN? MODERATE SAID CANCER.
HIGH SAID HASHIMOTO'S. I AM CONFUSED.
I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS IN FACT IN IS HASHIMOTO'S WHAT STEPS DO I TAKE TO STOP OR CURE THIS DISEASE FOR I AM VERY YOUNG AND DO NOT WANT SOMETHING TO STOP MY WONDERFUL LIFE I HAVE. I REALLY DO THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP BUT I AM A LITTLE SCARED. NEVER REALLY HAD ANYTHING COME BACK BAD ON MY HEALTH.
1 To the best of my knowledge as a thyroid expert, there is no major significance of grading the degree of TPO antibodies as low / moderate or high.
So kindly do not worry
2 Regarding what can be done about Hashimoto's ie such as preventing it from progressing and affecting your thyroid, I am sorry to inform you that currently there is nothing anyone can do to modify the course of this condition.
The only thing you can do is to undergo regular (for example annual) blood tests for TSH (and perhaps Free T4) to keep an eye on the thyroid function for the rest of your life.
This is because there is no way to predict IF AND WHEN these TPO antibodies will affect your thyroid and make it under-active
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thyroid peroxidase antibodies 100
- Thyroid peroxidase test normal values
- Thyroid peroxidase antibodies insomnia
- What does high thyroid peroxidase antibodies mean
- My thyroid peroxidase antibody value is 100
- Thyroid peroxidase antibody oxyelite
- Thyroid peroxidase antibodies range
- Anti thyroid peroxidase antibodies
- Thyroid peroxidase antibody level
- Thyroid peroxidase antibodies alopecia
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...