What does this stress thallium report indicate?

Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 17 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi - my father is 69. These are his thallium test reaults - please let me know what the issues are - i am unable to tell if the report is fine
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Report is normal

Detailed Answer:
hello,
Stress thallium report is entirely normal. There is no evidence of ischemia, that means heart is receiving blood adequately even at very high heart rate and during exercise. Heart function is also normal. So it means stents are properly working. No need to worry.
He should continue all his medicine in order to prevent any event in the future. He should have healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty, oily and high calorie diet. Have low salt diet and monitor blood pressure regularly thrice a day for one week then once or twice a week and bp should not be persistently more than 140/90 mmhg. Regular exercises like brisk walking, jogging according your capacity atleast 30 min a day and 5 days a week. Lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, fish once or twice a week, avoid meat. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. There shouldn't abdominal fat deposition or obesity. Get your lipid profile and sugars tested once, if not tested. Get back if you have any further doubts.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng