What does this stool test report suggest?
Reducing substance does not suggests diabetes
I can understand your concern.Reducing substance in stool does not suggests diabetes.
Presence of reducing substance in stool indicates that carbohydrates are not getting absorbed properly.This is very common finding during loose stool due to secondary lactase deficiency.This is the reason fruit juice,milk and high sugar containing foods should be avoided as this may further aggravate the loose stool.
This lactase deficiency is transient in nature and improves within 5-7 days.Normal diet can be resumed once loose stool improves.
So don't get worried as this is not due to diabetes and it improves within few days.
Please let me know if you have any more query.
Regds XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
You can continue breast feed
Thanks for follow up
You can continue giving breast milk if baby is predominantly breast fed.
I would like to mention that by this age he should not be predominantly breast fed.The nutritional demand could not be met properly by predominant breast feed.
You should now give him regular home foods for proper growth.
By the way right now give him breast feed and other fluids to prevent dehydration.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stool test done what does the report suggest
- Stool test report pus cells
- What is hpf in stool test
- Stool test report starch globules
- What are the findings from the stool test
- What is occ in stool test
- Stool test done what does the reports mean
- What is pus cell in stool test
- Stool test report rbc occassional
- Routine stool test report