What does this sputum culture indicate?

Question
Yes plZ. I am recovering fro. Pneumonia. I have cold and I a. DiAbeticaz well. I am 66 and have parkinson as well. My sputum
Culture shows 2+ and 1 plus gram positive cocci. I need to k ow if this needs tx?? I was sennnt ho me from er saying I have no pro Lem.
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
Diabetics are prone to infection. So you are. Your sputum is showing Gram Positive cocci that has caused pneumonia.
Yes you definitely require treatment for that.
Treatment for infection would be based on the report of your culture.
Share with me report of your culture and also mention that what antibiotics you are taking.
Revert with these details .
Stay Healthy.