What does this sperm analysis indicate?
Sperm Count : 65 million/ml ,
Motility : 70% in which Progressive : 40% and
Non-progressive : 30% , Immotile : 30% ,
Abnormal form : 94% , pus cells : 2-3/hpf
" IS THIS NORMAL "
The report you have uploaded is fairly good. Most of the criteria are within or above the minimum reference standards as advised by WHO. Ideally, I suggest you repeat this after one month, if this is your first detailed report.
I suggest you keep your fingers crossed regarding the outcome of IUI as even in the best of circumstances, the success rates of IUI are less than 30% per cycle and you might have to go through 3-5 cycles before deciding to give up on IUI.
There are other tests which might need to be performed such as sperm DNA fragmentation, but those are to be done only if multiple cycles of IUI have been unsuccessful, and there is no reason to be negative at present, especially considering that your semen analysis is almost absolutely normal.
Possible side effects
I suggest you consult the gynaecologist who is taking care of your wife immediately. Women going through IUI are usually given certain hormone medications to stimulate ovaries and reduce chances of miscarriage which can cause the effects you have mentioned.
Bit it will be difficult for a Urologist who has not seen your wife to predict which is a part of normal process of IUI and which is an adverse event.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sperm analysis where 70 indicates infertility
- Done sperm analysis what does it mean
- What does the sperm report indicate
- What is the normal analysis of a sperm report
- Sperm analysis done what does the finding indicate any solution
- What does my sperm analysis report indicate
- Sperm analysis done what does the findings interpret
- What do sperm analysis and progesterone levels indicate
- What does sticky sperm indicate
- What does subnormal sperm analysis mean