What does this sonography report indicate?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: My body is bloated and on getting sonography done have been detected of Bulky Uterus and Fatty Liver, what does that mean
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Increasing size, fat deposition

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concern.
Bulky uterus means, size of the uterus is larger than normal. It can be commonly seen in multigravidae.
Other possible causes of bulky uterus are adenomyosis, fibroids, endometrial abnormalities etc.
If internal structures of the uterus are normal except little bit increase in size, that may not lead to much problems.
Fatty liver is increased size of the liver due to fat deposition, which can also be seen with increasing age, obesity etc. Decreasing oil and fat intake, healthy diet and exercises can prevent the progress of fatty liver.
Bloating sensation of the abdomen can be seen in conditions like gastritis, indigestion, pelvic infection etc.
Clinical examination correlated with ultrasound can find out the possible cause of your problem and treatment can be taken accordingly.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj