question-icon

What does this small mole on skin indicate?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016
Question: I just noticed this scab/burn?? Over my daughters small mole. But she doesnt tecall how she got it? Here are before and after pics. Kne is just of her beck with the nor al mole, other is just now! This was nit there a couple days ago. Is it the mole? Or some kjnd of skin burn?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Seems to be irritant reaction

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have reviewed both the attached photographs.
According to me the mole looks normal and your daughter has developed an irritant reaction to something she has used or applied on her back or due to some insect bite.
In such cases I recommend my patients to apply cortisone cream on the affected area twice daily along with antihistaminic like tablet Chlorpheniramine 4 mg once daily at bedtime.
This usually resolves the reaction in 7-8 days.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (4 minutes later)
Ok so you do not think it os caused from the mole itself? Thats what i was concerned about...
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (46 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Doesn't seem to be related to the mole.

Detailed Answer:
No it doesn't seem to be related to the mole. You don't have to worry.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist