• question-icon

What does this semen analysis report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: hello my post vesectomy seman analysis shows <1 sperm hpf does this mean the procedure was successful? do i still need a second test? is there a chance of pregnancy after unprotected sex?

my post vesectomy seman analysis shows <1 sperm hpf does this mean i need a second test and is there a chance of pregnancy? is this considered low sperm count?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no chance of pregnancy .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Your semen analysis after vasectomy has detected presence of less than one sperm which could be left over in Vas Difference..With this analysis there does not seem any possibility of pregnancy with unprotected sex .

You may repeat semen Analysis after two weeks as two consecutive semen reports are supposed to be mandatory to make authentic and precise comments about success of surgery .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist