• question-icon

What does this semen analysis report indicate?

Posted on Sat, 22 Jul 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Hello sir my semen analysis report is as follows.
volume 5ml
liquification time 120min
ph 8
fructose present
sperm count 24 million /ml
total motility 70%
progress motility 50%
sperm with normal morphology 55%
impression normospermia with prolonged liquifucation time.

Dear sir please tell me how is my report. is any fertility problem for me. please suggest
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to do Semen Culture to trace out organisms causing Prostate infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the report of your semen analysis the liquefaction time of your semen is abnormally high which prevents free movements of sperms in vagina towards cervix and will definitely affect your fertility .

Enzyme secreted by prostate plays important role in timely liquefaction of semen(20-30 minutes) .Hence infection of the Prostate is the most common cause of a long liquefaction time.

You need to get Semen Culture done to find out the organisms causing infection and their antibiotic sensitivity pattern so that infection can be eradicated by taking appropriate antibiotic as per culture report .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 29 minutes later
thank you sir

Is my disease is curable? if i consult doctor in how many months my semen will get normal? is my sperm count is normal?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your sperm count is within normal acceptable range as per WHO standards,

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .

With adequate treatment with appropriate antibiotic for 3 months it there are very chances of semen liquefaction time to improve and come to normal levels .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 17 hours later
Thank you sir
what food should i take. to improve my sperm count and to decrease my semen liquification time
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take high protein diet with Vitamins

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Take high protein diet with adequate amount of Vitamin B12,Zinc,vit C etc This will help to increase sperm count .

Diet has no role to play in improving liquefaction time

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist