• question-icon

What does this semen analysis report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: semen fructose qualitative -positive means
plz explain this report..
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
find the answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic, I share your concern and I will try to help you out in best possible way.
Semen contains a specific amount of fructose for nutrition of sperms. its absence means that there are chances of sperms becoming dysfunctional. Hence in your case, presence of semen fructose shows that there are no problems with your sperm quality.
The report of qualitative and quantitative analysis of sperm indicates that sperm condition is very healthy and there are no problems whatsoever.
The semen analysis checks for total sperm count, motility, presence of fructose and any other type of cells.
In your case, there seems to be an infection in epididymis or testes there by presence of pus cells. thus you need to be clinically evaluated and treated with appropriate antibiotics after finding the source of infection. Hence I recommend you to consult an urologist. but this infection will not be the reason for dysfunctioning of sperms as all the other parameters are within normal limits.
I hope this helps you
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

Dr. Naveen XXXXXXX
Medical Consultant.
Ebix, Inc.
YYYY@YYYY
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar 24 hours later
hi,sir

it is denger for me ?(pus cell 10-12 hpf) in my semen ...& this report is okay for plan in baby for future.....plz resolve my problem ...& give me XXXXXXX number
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
find the answer below.

Detailed Answer:
welcome back,
I appreciate your follow up.
No its not dangerous, you just have to get it treated by a course of antibiotics after thorough medical examination to find out source of infection, so that it wont sffet your reproductive organs. But most of the time such infection is self limiting and will resolve on its own, so there is no need to worry.
I am very sorry we are not allowed to share phone numbers in this forum, you can mail me at my official email ID.
But i strongly recommend yo to visit a urologist to resolve it so that there wont be any doubt in your mind and it won't affect your reproductive function, as stress is the most common cause for not conceiving. I wont be able to help you much without proper examination clinically.
Hope this clarifies your doubts. Revert back to me if you have follow up queries.
Dr. Naveen XXXXXXX
Medical Consultant.
Ebix, Inc.
YYYY@YYYY

Dr. Naveen Kumar