What does this renal ultrasound report indicate?

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I have had a renal ultrasound and the Impression is: Increased echogenicity and mild renal cortical thinning compatible with underlying medical renal disease.

May I ask what this means? My doctor only sent me the result, with no comment. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is due to the systemic hypertension!!!

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you!

Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully worked through your case, and I can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I assure you not to worry as I will take care all of your medical concerns.

Interpretation:-
You have a main and primary disease that is systemic hypertension, and you are taking medications for that too.

What happens is when we have a constant high blood pressure, it affects our body organs too and the kidneys are one of them. Same is happening with your kidneys too. The kidneys have two main segments Cortex (outer); and the Medulla (inner).

They have seen a very mild changes in the cortex of the kidney area and that are due to the underlying hypertension (no renal cause, no congenital cause, no stones, no infections etc according to the report's portion given by you).

Hope I answered all of your health concerns . If you have further questions, feel free to contact me anytime. Always write my name in start of your question in future, and I will get back to you in no time. If satisfied, please give your generous 'five Star rating' and don't forget to 'Close the discussion'.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Best Regards!
DR. HANIF
USA

Click the link to open my profile. Click 'Ask Me a Question' anytime for super fast expert medical help!!!
https://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-muhammad-hanif/70199

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Hanif 44 minutes later
Hello Dr. Hanif,

Thank you for your speedy reply. You mention kidney stones - there was a "1cm stone in the mid right kidney, nonobstructive" found during the ultrasound.

Based on all of this, what problems can I expect regarding my kidneys? I have been told I am Stage 3 with kidney disease.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing new and no serious/Urgent care needing problem

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you back with a follow up query!

Your stone is very small and also non obstructive. You already have some undergoing problems with the kidney as mentioned stage 3 kidney disease.

This ultrasound in unremarkable for any new finding or any disease that may be serious enough that may need an urgent care and an emergency treatment. Nothing problematic to expect based on the report.

You need to take proper and timely medications as prescribed by the physician you are getting treatment from.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Best Regards!
DR. HANIF
USA

Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Hanif 14 minutes later
Thank you, Dr. Hanif, for your reassuring messages to me. Have a wonderful evening. Too bad you are not in XXXXXXX I would pick you as my doctor immediately!
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are always welcomed!!!

Detailed Answer:
I warmly welcome you back with follow up!

Thanks for your kind words Miss XXXXXXX It is my pleasure to assist you with the health worries you had. I am always a click away from your inbox. You may always contact me back whenever needed. Happy upcoming Halloween and Good Evening. I pray for a good health for you.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Best Regards!
DR. HANIF
USA