• question-icon

What does this pelvic scan indicate?

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: My mother is menopausal. She did not any periods for a year now. All of sudden she bled. She consulted a doctor for a routine check up. The doctor referred for a pelvic scan. Could you please refer the attached scan image and report and let me know your diagnosis.
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Post menopausal bleeding, hysteroscopy and curretting is must.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar here. I welcome you to HCM HCM VIRTUAL CLINIC. I have gone through your question, and I think I have understood your concern. I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

1. Please do not worry.

2. As we always suggest that any post menopausal bleeding needs to be investigated properly.

3 . I have gone through the reports, and I think there is no major problem.

4 . But it is strongly advisable to get a hysteroscopy and curretting done. All this will help us to rule out malignant conditions of endometrium.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks
Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN