What does this nuclear stress test result indicate?
Quote--"Compared to the exam on 5/6/2002, the perfusion abnormality appears most consistent with artifact."
I am having difficulty finding out exactly what "consistent with artifact means"
What does this mean?
"Baseline EKG shows RSR prime morphology, poor R WAVE PROGRESSION AND NON SPECIFIC ST-T CHANGES"
Please follow the answer below...
The quote "consistent with artifact". This mean that perfusion abnormalities seen on nuclear stress test are more likely due to artifacts, then to ischemic heart disease.
The ECG report show that there are signs of possible ischemic heart disease (poor R wave progression and non specific ST-T changes. This is why your doctor asked for nuclear stress test.
Hope this answered all your queries!
p.s If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abnormal nuclear stress test results
- Prep for nuclear stress test
- Positive nuclear stress test
- Nuclear stress test abnormal
- Dextrocardia and nuclear stress test
- Is nuclear stress test painful
- Nuclear stress test frequency
- Nuclear stress test interpretation
- Dangers of nuclear stress test
- Length of nuclear stress test