What does this molecular karyotyping report indicate?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Thu, 31 Aug 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Attached the Molecular Karyotyping Report. Please clarify the following.
1. Please summaries what does report says.
2. Why the baby growth was slow
3. Is there any issue in next pregnancy.
4. Any medicine to be taken
5. what are the precaution measure should be followed for healthy baby
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Normal karyotype

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
I have reviewed the report.
1. The report is indicative of normal chromosomal pattern of the fetus. No chromosomal anomaly is present.
2. The growth of the fetus can be slow due to various reasons like chromosomal anomalies, decreased blood supply to the fetus, antibodies present in maternal blood and deranged blood sugar and thyroid hormone levels in the mother.
3. The prognosis in the next pregnancy is dependent upon the cause of abortion.
Since the fetal karyotype is normal, it is unlikely to be due to fetal cause.
4.MAternal tests of blood sugars, thyroid levels, antiphospholipid antibody syndrome antibodies should be done.
Treatment includes folic acid preconceptionally and treatment of the cause, if found.
5. Folic acid should be started 2 months preconceptionally and should be continued for 3 months of pregnancy.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng