What does this maternal serum screening test report indicate?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: We were asked by the doctor to undergo Maternal Serum Screen test. We have got the results but we would not be able to see the doctor for another week. Could you help us read the results and provide your analysis of them.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Normal report

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
I have reviewed the report.
This shows low risk for trisomy 21, trisomy 13 and trisomy 18.
So, it is a normal report and nothing to worry.
This dual marker test analyses the risk for these chromosomal conditions, and if negative , then there are 85-90% chances that these will not be present in the fetus.
It tells the risk based on serum parameters.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
MAternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad