What does this liver function test report indicate?

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Lupus
Question: D. Mendiratta,

Thanks for reaching out. I am still in the assessment phase. Did another MRI and the plan is to do a biopsy of my shoulder. Recent results:
Aldolase 24
AST 74
ALT 87
CK 1402

Trying to minimize inflammation by going on a more restrictive diet (no bread, minimal sugar, no dairy, etc.)

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Myositis

Detailed Answer:
Good evening

Sorry for the delayed reply...Had a long duty today

Well, that s good that it is moving forward...Once the biopsy is out we should start treatment. I would suggest do get an ultrasound of the abdomen, mammogram and X Ray chest done as well...As in your age, we need to rule out other causes of muscle inflammation as well.

I hope the results come out and soon and the treatment is started soon...I would suggest avoid any over exertion for time being as it can strain the already inflamed muscles... And keep high on protein diet, for muscle regeneration.

Do let me know the MRI and Biopsy results...Interested to know what exactly is the diagnosis

Dr Naval