What does this lipid profile indicate?
Thanks for the query
I have read your query and understand your concern and indeed you do have high levels of LDL cholesterol which is a bad cholesterol and is responsible for blockages in your blood vessels which puts you under a greater risk of heart attack from the formation of sudden blood clot there.
It should be brought to below the value of 100.
Ways to bring it down are....
A healthy diet and regular aerobic exercises.
Healthy diet means...
Reduction of saturated fats and dietary cholesterol by avoiding butter,dairy products,egg yolks,red meat etc.
Consume more of fibre rich foods like oats,barley,fruits green vegetables etc.
Eat more of protein rich plant foods like lentils,peas and beans.
Take appox 15 gms of psyllium husk with one glass of water every day at the time of going to bed.
A brisk walk everyday for 30-45 minutes would be good.
Give these measures a try of 3 months and if you still find your LDL to be high,then medicines like STATINS can be added to your treatment which are used to reduce cholesterol levels in blood.
In addition quit smoking,control your diabetes and high blood pressure ( if present )
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lipid profile triglycerides 198
- What does these blood test and lipid profile indicate
- What does an abnormal lipid profile mean
- What are the findings from the lipid profile test
- Lipid profile test done what do the results indicate
- Lipid profile in normal pih
- Lipid profile in acne
- Have had lipid profile test what are the diagnosis
- Can an abnormal lipid profile indicate cancer?
- What is lipid profile test