What does this lab report post stent placement indicate?
my father has been done angioplasty in rca and lcx with stent, i want to know why the lad which shows diffuse cad disease with proximal to middle maximum 90% stenosis was left untreated and how it can be treated now.i am attaching dropbox link of all reports and cd of angioplasty, kindly answer only after seeing it
Angioplasty with medicated stent advisable.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through the description and have tried to download the attachments. There seems to be a problem and I would request you to upload the same here using the facility on the upper right of this page. Based on that I would be able to guide you further.
However, if there is a 90% block, I would strongly suggest putting a stent using angioplasty. I need to ask about the intensity and frequency of chest pains that he has.
The recommendation for less than 3 blockages is angioplasty and for 3 or more, a cardiac bypass surgery is recommemded.
Recommendations are correct.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic. I have gone very carefully through the attachment. There are definite signs of lack of blood supply to various parts of the heart. The recommendation 'Primary PTCA with stent to LCX and RCA. Staged procedure LAD' is correct and I would insist progressing on those lines. The follow up medications are correct too.
I understand that is indeed a tough situation. But things are proceeding in the right direction.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Palpitations after stent placement
- What is the recovery time for a renal stent placement
- Is weight lifting safe post angioplasty and stent placement
- Stent placement and smoking marijuana
- Dizzy after stent placement
- Prophylaxis after stent placement
- Lightheaded after stent placement
- Low blood pressure post stent placement
- Post procedure prophylaxis after arterial stent placement
- Aortic stenosis stent placement