What does this lab report indicate?
Only vitamin B12 deficiency
Thanks for your query.
I have seen the reports.
Only Vitamin B12 is low, otherwise the report is normal.
For low vitamin B12, supplement can either be taken in oral or injection form. Oral can work if you are vegetarian or eat less of non-vegetarian food. But if you eat lot of non-vegetarian food like meat, etc, then injections should be taken.
Orally, you can take tab neucobal 500mcg 1 tab daily for atleast 3-6 months (or even longer if you are vegetarian).
Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I am pure vegetarian ( no-egg.no fish) .
I have B12-5000 mcg -300 tablet pack .
Can I use 5000mcg instead of 500 mscg tablet . If yes, in what quantity per week and for how long .
Also please let me know how to improve HDL/ reduce LDL.
The maximum dose of vitamin B12 is 2500 mcg/day. Excess dose has not resulted in adverse effects in research, probably because its water soluble and excess of it gets excreted.
So I suggest that you take 2500 mcg per day (break it in half if possible and if its not a coated tablet). If its not breakable, then take one tablet every 2-3 days.
Duration is same. Since you are pure vegetarian, you will get very less quantity of B12 from food. So you will need a supplement lifelong. Once this bottle is finished, you can buy a lower dose and take it regularly.
To reduce LDL and improve HDL, best step in your case would be to avoid fatty foods like cheese, butter, ghee, cream, icecream, sweets, etc. Regular exercise for 30 min a day is required.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does thyroid lab report indicate to have hypothyroidism
- What does the lab reports mean
- What does occ in lab reports mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Does the lab report indicate celiac disease
- If a get on my lab report hepatitis a reactive what is that
- What does the lab report for fever and diarrhea mean
- What does dl mean on lab reports
- What does hdlc mean on a lab report
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...