• question-icon

What does this lab report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: Slight heterogeneous liver parenchyma with slightly scalloped appearance of the capsular margins, with no definitive focal hepatic lesion identified. With the addition finding of splenomegaly. How serious is this?
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It requires intervention as soon as possible.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your question.
I read it carefully.

Splenomegaly is always a problem that needs to be identified as soon as possible. There is no case where Splenomegaly indicates something not serious.
The findings in the liver are nonspecific. But a complete blood count and other blood tests will help to clear that up.
It is good that you are seeing the hematologist soon. He might need to coordinate his work with a hematologist.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you have other questions or concerns.

Dr.Papaqako
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Klarida Papaqako