• question-icon

What does this lab report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: Still running a low grade fever, etc.
Someone recently told me that because my mother had sub acute bacterial endocarditis (about 30 years ago) that this made me more susceptible to autoimmune disorders, such as RA. While my symptoms fit with RA, I have been told (by my internist) that because my blood work is normal, there is no evidence of autoimmune. I am really confused, because when my neurologist recently reviewed this same blood work, he told me that my white count was elevated (directly in contradiction to what my internist told me).
What gives? How can one doctor say no elevation of white count while another says there is???

I uploaded the results of my lab work from 5/31/17. Hopefully this will assist you in answering my most recent question.
Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 29 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fever cause

Detailed Answer:
Good evening

Sorry for the late reply. Was out for a conference in Spain.. Just got back today

Well, firstly I would say it is important we chart the fever periodically..That is every 6 hours...I understand it has been very low grade...But yes disabiling of course...

I read through our last conversation. there were a few blood test pending...Did you manage to get those done???Sorry But the blood test are not uploaded here yet...

As for the elevation of WBC, I would like to know the normal range and your blood test result. Lot of times there can be transient elevation which may not be significant. Maybe that s the reason your physician ignored it... But I would like to see it once to see how high it is or not

Do let me know these queries and also upload your blood tests

Dr Naval
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist