• question-icon

What does this hemogram report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I just got the results of blood work my GP ordered. My WBC is low, at 3.9, and my Lymphocytes are very low at 0.7. Previous blood work last October had my WBC AT 4.0 and Lymphocytes at 0.8. (I haven't been contacted by my doctor yet; I read the results online.) I am reasonably healthy, though chronically underweight. Is there anything I can do to boost my immune system? I'm prone to anxiety, so please keep that in mind when you respond!
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Generalised anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query,

Your hemogram report is absolutely normal. The range for WBC count is 3.5 to 11 and lymphocytes should be 20 to 40 Percent of total WBC COUNT. So both the counts are within normal limits. Still, you have any doubt you can get a peripheral blood film done to clear your doubts.

You should take a good diet with regular exercise in order to boost up your immune system. You can take up multivitamin supplements as well. Diet rich in vitamin A and C I.e. citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, fish, carrots etc can good for immunity.

You are always welcome with any further questions.

Stay healthy.
Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist